I can't believe I'm a mother! Ever since I was a little girl I've wanted a baby. So after a lot of world travel and a few great careers, I'm now on maternity leave for a year fulfilling all my house wife fantasies. What I'd under estimated though was the profound effect it would have on how I look and interact with the world now. My focuses have changed, heart has swelled, fears erupted, muscles ached and inner strength been challenged. This blog is me detailing some of the interesting topics I have encountered or wished I already knew before motherhood while attempting to retain my sanity along the way. If there is something you think I'd be interested in please let me know!

April 11, 2010

Raw Food Chocolate Smoothie



Usually I try to consume a dairy reduced diet however this drastically changed in the second and third trimester when I could not not go a day without consuming a litre of full-cream milk! I recall the lady in Gloria Jeans asking if I wanted cream in the iced chocolate I'd ordered and given the size of my belly and the look in my eye prompted to fill it right up!

So in an attempt to wean myself off dairy which has now become a bit of a habit I have discovered a raw food alternative by Karen Knowler- The Raw Food Coach, changed it a little and found it to be a fantastic substitute!

My Raw Food Chocolate Smoothie
Blend with ice:
1/2 cup   Cashews
1 1/2cup Water
4             Dates
1 tbsp     Cacao powder (Unlike Cocoa it hasn't been refined or processed and has a lot of anti-oxidants).
               Honey to taste

Add strawberries or banana for something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment