I can't believe I'm a mother! Ever since I was a little girl I've wanted a baby. So after a lot of world travel and a few great careers, I'm now on maternity leave for a year fulfilling all my house wife fantasies. What I'd under estimated though was the profound effect it would have on how I look and interact with the world now. My focuses have changed, heart has swelled, fears erupted, muscles ached and inner strength been challenged. This blog is me detailing some of the interesting topics I have encountered or wished I already knew before motherhood while attempting to retain my sanity along the way. If there is something you think I'd be interested in please let me know!

May 14, 2010

International Midwives Day 5th May!


Midwives are really amazing! Having never met one or understood what they did until we were pregnant I would never have imagined the impact a new woman would have on my life.
We were so blessed to get Janine as our midwife. With her alternative views on pregnancy and birth and her fierce belief in the power of women to have natural, calm births, she was the perfect match for us! She pulled a 20+hr shift to support us through the labour and 'catch' Odessa on the way out! To be so empowered by the birthing experience is a gift we will always be grateful to her for. Midwives really are amazing, especially ours!
The photo above is us at Steve's 40th birthday at our house just 3weeks after the birth!

No comments:

Post a Comment