I can't believe I'm a mother! Ever since I was a little girl I've wanted a baby. So after a lot of world travel and a few great careers, I'm now on maternity leave for a year fulfilling all my house wife fantasies. What I'd under estimated though was the profound effect it would have on how I look and interact with the world now. My focuses have changed, heart has swelled, fears erupted, muscles ached and inner strength been challenged. This blog is me detailing some of the interesting topics I have encountered or wished I already knew before motherhood while attempting to retain my sanity along the way. If there is something you think I'd be interested in please let me know!

May 25, 2010

Better World Books- The online bookstore with a soul.

003_betterworldbooks.jpg

We have so many books at home that I cringe at bringing more into the house. But I just love reading parenting books now so between my three council libraries I try and borrow as many books as possible. However many of the alternative parenting books I seek out to read can only be found overseas. Better World Books is a fantastic online bookstore which so far has had everything I've searched for. They also fund literacy initiatives around the world. Not only cost effective, really fast delivery, many of the secondhand books are ex-library so still with the old school library card pockets!

No comments:

Post a Comment