I can't believe I'm a mother! Ever since I was a little girl I've wanted a baby. So after a lot of world travel and a few great careers, I'm now on maternity leave for a year fulfilling all my house wife fantasies. What I'd under estimated though was the profound effect it would have on how I look and interact with the world now. My focuses have changed, heart has swelled, fears erupted, muscles ached and inner strength been challenged. This blog is me detailing some of the interesting topics I have encountered or wished I already knew before motherhood while attempting to retain my sanity along the way. If there is something you think I'd be interested in please let me know!

May 25, 2010

Amber Teething Necklace

As you can see all the drool in the photo, Odessa has started teething. No teeth have appeared yet but any day now I think! We recently purchased her an amber teething necklace online from Flower Child.
Baltic amber necklaces are used to relieve the pains associated with teething by releasing natural oils when worn against the warmth of the skin. Because teething is such a mystery, everyday is completely new and sometimes as a mother I struggle to know what works and doesn't, I can't say if the necklace is working it's so called wonders. Despite that we love it and thinks it looks really cute!
Odessa wears it everyday except when bathing and sleeping when I wrap it around my wrist and hope it's magic seeps into me. Apparently if I wear it as close to my breasts (ie around my neck) as possible then the healing can work through my breast milk.
The necklaces come in many sizes and colours. We chose the lightest colour of amber because it's said to contain the most succinic acid and thus the greatest therapeutic value. A fantastic natural alternative to drugs and teething gels.

No comments:

Post a Comment